– AHMAT’s teaching innovation project «Virtualization of Geology and Crystallography teaching resources: Minerals, Rocks and Fossils», founded by the University of Valladolid, finished its first year of development. The first photogrammetric models produced can be consulted in the Skechtfab account «AHMAT-UVa«, whereas the first examples of sample’s datasheets can be found here: Minerals, Rocks, and Fossils (texts in Spanish) (07/2021).
– AHMAT’s measurement campaign «Unveiling the manufacturing process of sophisticated ancient polychrome glass beads (IV-I BC)» has been granted in June 2021 at the CENIEH facilities (Burgos, Spain) (06/2021).
– AHMAT’s measurement campaign «IR-Spectroscopy and Microscopy Characterization of archaeological glass beads from the ancient Vaccaei culture» has been granted in October 2021 at the synchrotron BESSY-II facilities (Berlin, Germany) (05/2021).
– New research article «Investigating glass beads and the funerary rituals of ancient Vaccaei culture (S. IV‐I BC) by Raman spectroscopy» published in an Special Issue of the Journal of Raman Spectroscopy (01/2021).
– The AHMAT’s research project «Análisis físico-químico de las cuentas de vidrio del yacimiento Vacceo de Pintia: una ventana al pasado de la Ribera del Duero» has been granted with 172.000 € by the Junta of Castile and Leon for the period 2021-2023 (VA210P20). This project aims to perform a detailed archaeometric study of a wide selection of ancient glass beads recovered in the necropolis of «Las Ruedas» (Pintia, Padilla de Duero, Valladolid, Spain) (12/2020)
Newspaper article (26/01/2021, in Spanish)
– Mrs. Irene Mediavilla presented her Master in Physics’ thesis entitled «Analysis and characterization of the construction mortars of the Coca castle (Coca, Segovia, Spain)», providing the first archaeometric analysis about the mortars of this historic building (09/2020)
– AHMAT’s work «Investigating glass beads and the funerary rituals of ancient Vaccaei culture (s. IV-II BC) by Raman Spectroscopy», presented by Dr. Javier Pinto, was awarded with the «Best Presentation Award» at the 10th International Congress on the Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Art and Archaeology (RAA2019) held in Postdam (Germany).
– AHMAT’s work «Presence and Applications of Bituminous Materials on the Ancient Vaccaei Culture: a
Nondestructive Spectroscopic Study» was presented by Dr. Javier Pinto at the IMEKO TC-4 METROARCHAEO 2019 held in Firenze (Italy)