– New research article «Investigating glass beads and the funerary rituals of ancient Vaccaei culture (S. IV‐I BC) by Raman spectroscopy» published in an Special Issue of the Journal of Raman Spectroscopy (01/2021).
– The AHMAT’s research project «Análisis físico-químico de las cuentas de vidrio del yacimiento Vacceo de Pintia: una ventana al pasado de la Ribera del Duero» has been granted with 172.000 € by the Junta of Castile and Leon for the period 2021-2023 (VA210P20). This project aims to perform a detailed archaeometric study of a wide selection of ancient glass beads recovered in the necropolis of «Las Ruedas» (Pintia, Padilla de Duero, Valladolid, Spain) (12/2020)
Newspaper article (26/01/2021, in Spanish)
– Mrs. Irene Mediavilla presented her Master in Physics’ thesis entitled «Analysis and characterization of the construction mortars of the Coca castle (Coca, Segovia, Spain)», providing the first archaeometric analysis about the mortars of this historic building (09/2020)
– AHMAT’s work «Investigating glass beads and the funerary rituals of ancient Vaccaei culture (s. IV-II BC) by Raman Spectroscopy», presented by Dr. Javier Pinto, was awarded with the «Best Presentation Award» at the 10th International Congress on the Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Art and Archaeology (RAA2019) held in Postdam (Germany).
– AHMAT’s work «Presence and Applications of Bituminous Materials on the Ancient Vaccaei Culture: a
Nondestructive Spectroscopic Study» was presented by Dr. Javier Pinto at the IMEKO TC-4 METROARCHAEO 2019 held in Firenze (Italy)